Top 5 Trend Micro Customer's Issues/Problems
Trend Micro offers extended security and online protections. It works as a shield between your computers and various online threats like malware, viruses, bugs, spyware, phishing emails, and others. With the help of this antivirus product, you can get the utmost security as it offers a quick response to threats, secures your multi-cloud world, and mitigates any potential risks. In some cases, you can face some issues with the product while using or downloading it. Plus, the problems can be many, but some of them are more common. Hence, we will focus on learning the most common Trend Micro issues and effective methods to fix them.
Issue 1: Trend Micro Antivirus Not Working
In many situations, you can get your Trend Micro product not working after you install it on your device. The cause of this problem can be an issue of incompatibility, system settings, outdated products, or others. Hence, in order to get your antivirus product in working condition, you must fix the Trend Micro issue. Follow the below method to get the product in working condition once again.
Solution: Uninstall and Then Reinstall the Trend Micro Product
Here are the steps to fix the Trend Micro not working issue by uninstalling and reinstalling the software.
- First of all, push the Windows and R keys at the same time on your keyboard. It will open the Run command.
- Go to the search bar, enter supporttool.exe, and click OK.
- Now, the user's control window will appear on the screen; choose the Yes option.
- After that, the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit will show up on the screen.
- Go to the Uninstall tab and click on the Uninstall Software option.
- Also, select the Yes option and copy the series number you see there.
- Click on Uninstall after selecting the checkbox 'I copied my serial number.'
- Plus, choose the Yes option if you see the prompt to restart your device.
- Go to the Trend Micro official website and download the security product you were using on your device.
- Install the product and fill in the important details to activate the software.
- Now, check if the product is working properly or not.
Issue 2: Can’t Download the Software
If you are unable to download the Trend Micro product on your device, it may mean that your OS is not updated. You must ensure that you are using the most recent version of the OS you are using. Also, make sure the Trend Micro app is compatible with the device. The following steps will help you update the OS version of your PC.
Solution: Update the OS Version of Your PC
Here are the steps to fix the Trend Micro issues download issue by updating the device software.
- Firstly, click on the Start menu on your computer device.
- After that, go to the Settings window and select the Update & Security option.
- And then, on the next page, click on the option of Windows Update.
- Next, choose Check for updates.
- Afterward, select the option of View optional updates.
- Click on Driver Updates and select the driver you want to update.
- At the last steps, click on the option of Download and Install.
Issue 3: The Issue of Login in the Account
There could be some situations when you will get the Trend Micro issue in login. If you face this issue, you will not be able to activate the Trend Micro security product and protect your device. The potential causes of unable-to-account login issues can be entering the wrong password or forgetting the login credentials. So, here is what you should do to fix the login issue of your Trend Micro account.
Solution: Reset the Password of Your Trend Micro Account
The below process will ensure that you log in to your Trend Micro account easily.
- If you are having an issue with a wrong password, then visit the official website of Trend Micro on a web browser.
- Go to the email field and then enter the registered email into its field.
- And then click on the option of Check Now.
- After that, Trend Micro will send a password reset email to the email you enter. (In case you do not see the email, then check your Junk and Spam folder.)
- Once you find the email, click on it.
- After opening the email, click on the option of Change your password now.
- Now, in the New password field, type your new password.
- You need to enter the new password once again in the Confirm new password.
- Once that's done, select the option of Update Password option.
- Lastly, select the Sign-in option to access your account.
- Check if you are able to log in to your account; if not, then contact the customer support team.
Issue 4: Trend Micro Product Key is Not Working
In order to activate the Trend Micro software, you have to use the product key. You will get the product key when you purchase the security pack. However, in some cases, the product key will not work properly to activate the account. To fix this Trend Micro issue, you need to check if your product key is valid or not.
Solution: Verify if the Trend Micro Product Key is Valid
Here are the steps to verify the validation of the Trend Micro product key.
- On your computer, browse the official website of Trend Micro.
- Then, enter the account login email address and password into their specific fields and click Sign in.
- After that, remove the protection from your device.
- Now, head to the license tab and look at the option of ongoing subscription.
- Next, choose Manage Device + and hover the mouse on the device you want to remove.
- Furthermore, select the X icon located on the upper right side of the screen.
- Click on the Yes option.
- Now, open the Mobile Security app and choose the Buy/Activate option.
- And click on Use an Activation Code to sign into your account using your activation code.
- If the problem is not resolved yet, then it is best to seek professional help.
Issue 5: Unable to Update the Trend Micro Software
Trend Micro gets frequent updates to add some new features and run the software smoothly. Also, in most cases, the software updates automatically whenever there is any update available. But, sometimes, you can get an update error that can disturb the security of your devices. It is necessary to get rid of this issue to let the software work perfectly. Hence, the solutions below.
Solution 1: Clear the Cache of the Trend Micro Software
Take a look at the steps to remove the Trend Micro cache from your device.
- On any internet browser on your device, visit Trend Micro's official website.
- After that, click on the Settings option on the website.
- Now, choose the Privacy option from the open list.
- Click on the Clear browsing data option.
- Plus, select the option of the Cached images and files and Cookies, other sites, and plug-in data.
- Lastly, select Clear browsing data and try to update the Trend Micro software once again.
Solution 2: Get Rid of Corrupt Files From Your Device
Remove the unwanted files from the device to update the Trend Micro software on your device.
- Firstly, touch the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard.
- When the Run command box shows up on the screen, then enter supporttool.exe.
- Then, click on OK or press the Enter button on the keyboard.
- Now, the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit will appear on display.
- After that, you need to select the (C) Uninstall tab.
- Next, you have to choose the Delete Now option.
- Lastly, all the corrupt files will be removed from your device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most common Trend Micro issues you can face with your Trend Micro software.
● Unable to download the Trend Micro software.
● The product key is not working to activate the
● Trend Micro Antivirus is not working.
● Can't find the device to find any virus.
● The Trend Micro software is blocking the system
restore and others.
Trend Micro is among the
most popular antivirus products for home and office security. The cutting-edge
security technology ensures the complete protection of your devices. Plus, it
blocks all sorts of threats, such as viruses, ransom attacks, phishing emails,
bugs, malware, etc., from entering your device. For robust online protection,
Trend Micro is worth every penny you spend.