How to Solve Trend Micro Antivirus Update Error
Trend Micro program acts like a computer shield that provides complete protection against digital threats. I have been using this program for the last two years, and I can’t say in words how valuable this antivirus is. But, sometimes, the program can pop up Trend Micro antivirus update issue unexpectedly. From the last day, my friend John was struggling with the same. He was failing to update the program and thus wasn’t making the most of its enhanced features. Also, he was unable to take the benefits of its performances and other available services.
Luckily, I helped him with some practical methods to solve the update issue. Since I have been working in the same domain for a long time, I am aware of the ways to troubleshoot the issue. Here, I will share all those solutions to help you out. You can try them out and use this antivirus program smoothly.
Solution1: Make Sure to Delete the Corrupted Update File
When your computer has a corrupted Trend Micro update file, the antivirus program can fail to update. Other reasons can be conflicting third-party software. But you can fix the Trend Micro update problem by deleting that file. To help you out, I have listed a few simple steps below.
- Initiate the process by moving to your computer.
- Now, tap on the Windows & R keys to launch the command prompt.
- After that, enter supporttool.exe in the open field.
- Later, tap on OK.
- Next, you will see the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.
- Now, you will need to tap on the Uninstall tab.
- Then, tap on Click 2, Delete Now, to delete the corrupted update file.
- In the later step, tap on Close.
- Finally, start updating your TrendMicro program.
Does your issue still need to be resolved? If you are not able to update the program even after executing the above steps, move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Update the Trend Micro Program Manually
If your antivirus update is failing, you can go for Trend Micro antivirus update using some manual steps. Do you need to be made aware of the process? Here are some basic steps to help you out.
- First of all, find the Trend Micro icon in the taskbar notification.
- Now, right on the Trend Micro icon.
- Then, move to the next steps of updating manually.
- Select Check for Program Updates.
- In case you can’t find it, tap on the Show Hidden Icons arrow. You can see it next to the notification area.
- Next, you will see the About Your Software window appearing.
- Wait for a few minutes to allow it to check for all the available updates.
- Further, hit on Close after confirming that all the components are updated.
Solution 3: Restart the Trend Micro Program
Sometimes, the Trend Micro antivirus can fail to update on a Windows computer or laptop. In such a situation, the most common solution is to restart the program. Follow these steps and find ways to restart the antivirus program.
- Firstly, press the Windows plus R keys to open the Command Windows.
- Now, type in supporttool.exe in the Open box.
- After that, click on OK.
- In the next step, when you see the User Account Control Windows, hit Yes.
- Then, hit on the (C) Uninstall Tab.
- Thereafter, tap 5 and stop all components.
- Next, wait for approximately 10-30 seconds.
- Now, move to the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit window and tap 4. Start all components to turn them ON again.
- At last, try to update the Trend Micro Program again.
These steps act as a perfect Trend Micro update solution free. Follow them carefully for a quick fix of the error.
Fix Update Required Issue on an Android Device
“Update-required” error can arise because of an older version of Trend Micro. Also, it can happen because of the conflicting other Mobile Security apps on your Android device.
Step 1: Try to Uninstall the Other Conflicting Mobile app
Go along with these steps to uninstall the other conflicting mobile apps on your system.
- First, look for the Conflicting Mobile Security app on your home screen.
- In the next step, tap and hold the conflicting app.
- After that, drag the app to the Uninstall section.
- Following this, click on OK once the pop-up window displays.
Step 2: Make Sure to Uninstall the Old Trend Micro App
When you find an update-required issue on your Android device, ensure to uninstall the old Trend Micro app. Here are some simple steps for the Trend Micro antivirus update required that you can go along with.
- Move to the home screen of your Android device.
- Now, drag the old Trend Micro app to the Uninstall section.
- Finally, click on OK once you see the pop-up window.
Step 3: Install the Latest Mobile Security
After you uninstall the old Trend Micro application, you will need to install the latest Mobile Security.
- First, Launch the Play Store on your Android device.
- Next, click on Install.
- Now, allow the Trend Micro installation to finish.
- Then, click on Open.
- After that, go through the Privacy and Personal Data Collection Disclosure.
- Tap on I agree to share user usage data to help improve this app.
- Click on the Accept and Continue option.
- Then, Hit the Buy/Activate option at the bottom-right corner.
- Lastly, use an activation code or sign in to use the Existing License for your subscription reactivation.
Carry along with the above three steps and fix the update required error efficiently.
Update unsuccessful or failed issues can happen with the Trend Micro antivirus users at any time. The issue can occur because of corrupted files, unstable error connections, or more. Luckily, you can resolve the Trend Micro antivirus update issue by implementing some simple solutions that include deleting the corrupted update file, updating the Trend Micro program manually, and restarting the antivirus program. After each one of these solutions, make sure that your antivirus program is up-to-date.
Frequently Asked Questions
Trend Micro update issues can arise because of corrupted Mobile Security files or unstable internet connection. Solve the issue with these steps.
- First, confirm that you have a stable internet
- Next, go to Settings
on your device.
- Now, scroll down and click Apps.
- Click on Manage
- Later, select Mobile Security.
- Hit on Clear
data, then select Clear cache.
- Finally, try to update.
Trend Micro security users can experience this problem because the computer is not connected to the Trend Micro server. A server connection error can be the reason for it. To resolve this issue, follow these steps.
- Ensure that your computer is connected correctly to
- Then, move to your Trend Micro program.
- Following this, click on the Update Now button.
The update error in Trend Micro antivirus can sometimes occur due to some factors. But you can fix it by restarting the program. Here are the steps to help you out.
- Open the Run Window
on your computer.
- Type supporttool.exe
in the box.
- Next, click on Yes.
- Then, tap on Uninstall.
- Now, stop all components and wait for a few seconds.
- Start all components, then.
- Further, try to update the program.