How to Resolve Norton Antivirus Update Error?
Is your PC getting a Norton antivirus live update error? Norton antivirus is one of the top antivirus software, which has many great features and capabilities to protect your device from potential threats and cyber-attacks. I have been a Norton antivirus user for three years and have never been disappointed by it. It keeps my system free from all kinds of cyber issues. However, it may show some errors, such as an update error on your device. If you are dealing with it, I can help you by fixing this error.
The Norton antivirus update error may occur due to incompatibility with other apps on your device. If you want to solve this problem, you will have to follow some troubleshooting methods that I am writing about in this blog.
Method 1: Turn off Windows Defender
Here, let’s start with the troubleshooting steps for Norton antivirus. Whenever you are dealing with uncertainty with the Norton antivirus, disabling your Windows Defender could be a big step. So, here are the steps to do this correctly.
- First of all, search regedit on your Windows search and launch it.
- Then, type HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsof\tWindows Defender in the search box.
- After that, you need to double-click on the DisableAntiSpyware DWORD and type 1 as the value.
- If you don’t see that, you can simply right-click on the free space and choose New DWORD 32 as the value.
- Now, choose a name for the DWORD DisableAntispyware and save it. Then, fix its value to 1.
- Then, end the Registry Editor and finish the process by restarting your PC.
The significance of this method is that when the Windows Defender and Norton antivirus merge, it creates issues. Generally, Windows Defender should be OFF automatically, but when you start updating your software, it might change the default settings, and you need to do it manually.
Method 2: Run Norton Antivirus as Administrator
This is another method to resolve the Norton antivirus live update error. Hence, if you perform this method, your software issue will be solved automatically. So, here are the steps to do it.
- Initially, locate the folder where your Norton software is saved.
- Then, right-click on that file and launch the Properties option.
- Now, select the Compatibility tab.
- After that, you need to pick Run this program as an administrator and confirm the changes.
This is how you will resolve your Norton antivirus live update error. Also, it’s better to use your Norton antivirus as administrator due to the performance issues on Windows 10.
Method 3: Update Your Windows Computer
When you observe the Norton update error, it might be due to the outdated Windows system. Therefore, if you want to resolve the Norton antivirus update error, you must update your Windows computer. These are the steps for it.
- In the first step, search Update in the Windows search and launch the Check for updates option.
- Then, tap the Check for updates option and get all the available updates.
- Now, restart your computer and start your Norton LiveUpdate once more.
These steps may resolve your antivirus’s live update error on your PC and allow you to use your software just like you were doing previously. There are many system issues that you can resolve just by updating your Windows.
Method 4: Reinstall Norton Antivirus Software
Your Norton software may not update if its trial version has expired. Hence, you need to uninstall and reinstall it on your computer. When I used my software, I took care of the updates in Windows and the software. That’s how I solved my Norton product issue.
So, as a user, your first responsibility is to uninstall the Norton software and then install it again using its official website. Then, you will be able to use your software normally and perform the update as well.
Hopefully, you learned how you can solve the Norton antivirus live update error on your Windows system. With the help of all four methods, you will be able to fix your Norton software error a1021nd use it like before. An update is necessary to get the ultimate results of your software. Therefore, you can perform all the methods that I recommend as a user and an expert, too.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are the steps to uninstall your Norton antivirus:
- In the first step, go to the Start menu and choose the Control
- Then, choose the Programs and Features option under the Programs category.
- After that, select the Norton antivirus and choose
the Uninstall/Change option to
- At last, restart your computer.
- Then, you can reinstall your software on your
If you see that your
Norton software is not updating automatically, it may happen when the Norton
Automatic LiveUpdate is ON. Then, go to the main window of your Norton product
and tap on the Settings option. Now,
click the Antivirus option under Settings. After that, tap on the Update
tab. Next, turn ON the switch in the Automatic LiveUpdate.
The update error in
Norton antivirus software is common, and users may deal with it quite often.
Therefore, you need the right method to fix this error. There are four main
methods that you can use to resolve the issue- Disabling the Windows Defender,
updating your Windows, reinstalling the software, and running the software as