Top 5 Sophos Customer's Issues/Problems
Sophos provides security-oriented solutions for both business and family uses. This Antivirus software aims to offer complete protection against malware and ransomware. Specifically, it is good with a Family Plan at a good price. Users can find several layers of security with fast virus scan features. But, before using this software or at the time of use, users can come across certain queries and issues. Are you finding it impossible to create an account?
Fortunately, We have a detailed guide for you. Here, we will cover the top issues that you might come across. Also, we will discuss some easy steps that you can take to resolve the issue. Have a walk through it and get to know them all.
Issue 1: Impossible to Create an Account
Sophos antivirus has crucial features such as virus scan, MBR protection, and parental controls. However, you must create an account and make the most of this software to access all these features. Sometimes, you can fail to create an account because your email is already in use or other reasons exist.
Try to remove the email address from the Sophos Central account. Here are some simple steps that you can proceed with.
- First, sign in to Sophos Central Admin via the email address you want to reuse.
- Now, move to the left panel and tap on People.
- In the next step, tap Add and then choose the Add User option.
- Enter a different email address you have yet to use as an administrator.
- Then, select from Super Admin or Admin roles.
- After that, use the added administrator to activate the account.
- Use the new administrator account and sign in to your Sophos Central Admin.
- Finally, move to the People option. And then delete the user associated with the email address you need to use.
After completing the above steps, move to the general process of creating an account. The list of Sophos customer issues is long. Find below more customer issues associated with Sophos account.
Issue 2: Issues Installing and Uninstalling
Sophos users need to install the software to protect their systems. But, they face installation and uninstallation issues. The message - can’t proceed can appear on both Windows and Mac computers. Other notifications for the same issue include failed installation and uninstallation failed issues. Are you wondering why this is happening? It can be due to incorrect files or remnants from previous antivirus programs.
Try to remove leftover Sophos home files by running a script. It will remove all the associated entries from your system. Please note these sites are for advanced users.
- Firstly, open the Spotlight search.
- In the next step, type in TextEdit and tap on Enter.
- Open a blank text file by clicking on Start a New Document.
- Now, copy and paste the commands that are appearing.
- Close the TextEdit file and save it.
- Now, name it - UninstallScript and make sure to save it to the Desktop.
- Next, make the script executable and run it.
- Open the Spotlight search by hitting on the magnifying glass at the screen's top.
- After that, type on Terminal and tap Enter.
- Type the commands - cd Desktop / chmod u+x UninstallScript.txt and type ./UninstallScript.txt to begin uninstallation.
- Reboot your computer after the uninstallation is finished.
Do you need clarification in executing the steps? If you have other issues, look to antivirustales.com for easy solutions.
Issue 3: Uninstall Process
Is it impossible to create an account with Sopho? A Sophos user can find errors during the uninstallation of the software. Or they need clarification about the proper steps for uninstalling the software.
When the Tamper protection is enabled, you can execute the below-mentioned steps to uninstall.
- First, head to the Home page.
- Click on Authenticate user under the Tamper Protection section.
- Now, type in the tamper protection password and tap on OK.
- Later, click Configure tamper protection under the tamper protection.
- Clear the Enable tamper protection and turn off the tamper protection.
- Now, go to the Control Panel and hit on - Add or Remove Programs.
- Click on Change/Remove.
- At last, execute the steps in order to uninstall it.
Issue 4: Antivirus Service Fails to Start
Is the Sophos service not starting? Are you getting an error-2147500037 after Sophos Endpoint Security and Control update? When the service fails to start, you obviously can’t use it. However, frustrated users can determine the causes and then employ steps to troubleshoot. The possible causes of this error are the registry key presence and value.
Here are a few resolution steps that you can follow.
- Click on Windows + R keys.
- Now, enter regedit and tap on OK.
- Start to back up the registry before any changes.
- In the following step, delete the EasyStart key from 32-bit and 64-bit.
- After that, delete the SWIManagement from the 32 and 64-bit.
- At last, begin the Sophos Antivirus service.
Issue 5: Disable Tamper Protection
There can be times when Sophos users face issues in turning off the tamper protection. Are you trying the process on a Windows computer? Did you fail to turn off tamper protection while going through the procedure?
Perform these steps to disable tamper protection on your computer. These steps are easy to go with.
- Firstly, log in to Sophos Home Dashboard.
- Select your computer and tap on the Protection tab.
- Click on the blue slides and turn them gray.
- As per the need, repeat step 3 for every sub-section of the Protection tab.
- Now, wait a few seconds till the process continues. Once the process finishes, turn on the protections.
- Next, tap on Privacy and turn off microphone/webcam protections.
- Finally, complete all the needed test steps and re-enable the protections.
Sophos antivirus users can find several issues while using the software. Some common issues include how to install and uninstall, why the program cannot start, why it is impossible to create an account, and more. In such circumstances, they first need to discover the issues and try out some effective steps. It will make them able to use the software program.
Frequently Asked Questions
Did Sophos Endpoint Security and Control services fail? Here are some basic steps that can help you fix the error.
- First, go to the Start menu on Windows.
- After that, you have to open Services.
- If there is an antivirus and HIPS service failure error, right-click on Sophos Antivirus.
- And then click on Restart.
- And if there is a Firewall and service failure error
message, right-click on Sophos
Client Firewall Manager.
- Tap on Restart.
You are not protected.
This message can appear to Sophos home users at any time. This error message
can appear when the program cannot install the service. Or the system is
failing to run its services because of missing Windows updates or some other security program blocking it.
Troubled users can resolve the issue by performing a restart.
As a Sophos antivirus user, you can confront installation and uninstallation issues with Sophos Home. These issues can arise due to multiple causes. Here is why the program fails to install and uninstall.
● They get a notification to restart the computer and then uninstall or reinstall the software.
● Receiving errors such as uninstallation failure or installation issues.
● Error messages preventing them from reinstalling.