How to Troubleshoot Can’t Install Norton Antivirus Issue?
No doubt, Norton is among the most prestigious brands to provide the ultimate security for devices. Also, it offers several amazing features that give users full control of their privacy and security. With the help of this product, users can have a safe online browsing experience and keep themselves safe from online malicious hackers. Norton supports various devices and operating systems. But, sometimes, many people can face some issues while installing the app. There could be multiple reasons behind facing the issue. If you are also facing the same issue, then we have got your back. Here, we are going to share various effective solutions that might solve your can’t install Norton antivirus issue. Also, you will learn about the causes of this issue.
Solution 1: Check if Your Device is Compatible with Norton
Norton software is only compatible with specific devices and OS versions. Hence, check if the device you are using is compatible or not.
- Check if you have any of the Windows 7,8, 10, or 11 computers and have 2 GB RAM.
- Make sure that your device has enough free space to download and install the app.
- It requires a stable internet connection to download the app.
- For Mac OS devices, you must be using macOS 11 or later.
Solution 2: Uninstall the Third-Party Antivirus Program
Sometimes, third-party antivirus programs prevent your device from downloading the Norton software on your device. Hence, you need to uninstall all the third-party security programs.
- First of all, you have to restart your computer device.
- After that, go to the All Apps section on your device.
- Look for any virus program you are using and click on it.
- And then click on the Uninstall option.
- Wait for the program to uninstall, and then restart the device once again.
- After that, try to install the Norton software.
Solution 3: Update Your Operating System
Older operating system versions can also be the cause of you facing the can’t install Norton antivirus issue. Here is how you can update the OS version to fix the issue.
- On the desktop of your device, click on the Start menu option.
- From the open list of options, click on the Settings (Gear) icon.
- In the Settings window, look for the Update & Security option and click on it.
- In the next step, select the option of Check for Update.
- If there is the latest OS version for your device, then it will show it.
- Press the Download button and wait for the download to be complete.
- When the update is complete, your system will reboot it. (You can also restart your device manually if not.)
- Now, try to install the Norton software on your device and see if you are still facing any issues.
- First of all, go and click on the Apple menu on your Mac device.
- Then select the option of System Preferences from the list.
- After that, select the General option in the System Preferences list.
- Next, choose the option of Software Update.
- If there is a software update available for your device, then click on Upgrade Now option.
- Please wait for the download to complete, and do not turn it off during that process.
- Once the update is complete, check if can’t install Norton antivirus issue message still exists.
Solution 4: Open Your Device in Safe Mode
If all the earlier methods do not work, then you need to start your computer or laptop device in safe mode. For that, here are the steps you have to follow.
- On your keyboard, push the Windows logo and I buttons together. It will open the Settings window on your device. (Or you can choose the Settings option from the Start menu.)
- Now, make sure you are on the System option from the left pane. Or choose the System option in the Windows Settings screen.
- After that, choose the option of Recovery.
- And then click on the Start System recovery.
- Afterward, the device will open in safe mode.
- Lastly, you can install your Norton software to inspect if it still shows any issues.
Solution 5: Download the Norton Product Once Again
If the download process is not complete correctly, then you can have issues while installing the product. Hence, you need to download the product once again.
- Go to the Downloads section on your device. (Or the folder where you have downloaded the file)
- After that, right-click the Norton file and click on the Delete option.
- Now, download the product once again from its official website.
- Follow the correct procedure to complete the installation process.
Above, you read about the most effective and primary methods to fix the can’t install Norton antivirus issue in your device. You can use all these methods one by one and check which one is working for your computer. If the problem still persists, then get in touch with the Norton customer support team to get more knowledge of the issue. Also, if you want to seek professional help to install the software on your device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the quick and easy fixes you can use if you are facing issues in installing the Norton app.
● Update the operating system version of your computer or laptop.
● Uninstall any other third-party antivirus program from your device.
● Delete and download the Norton product once again.
● Open your computer device in safe mode.
● Take the help of technicians or contact the Norton support team.
The below process will help you download the Norton antivirus on your device.
1. Go to the official website of Norton.com on your device.
2. After that, select the product you want to download.
3. If you are downloading the subscription-based product, then fill in the payment details.
4. You will receive the product code in order to activate the product.
5. When the download is complete, install the product.
6. Now, fill in the details and product key.
7. After that, it will start protecting your device.
The key reasons your device is unable to install the Norton software are listed below.
● Maybe the Norton product is not compatible with your computer or laptop.
● You can face the issue due to technical glitches or settings issues in your device.
● If you are already using any other antivirus program, then it can prevent it from installing.
● In your device, you are using an outdated version of operating systems.