How To Install Norton Antivirus [Step-By-Step Guide]
Norton is among the most prominent antivirus security software across the world. Its software protects your devices from viruses. Also, it keeps the data files safe and secure. Apart from that, it keeps your devices in the most optimal condition and enhances their performance.
Its software is compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android devices. Also, you can easily download and install the app on your device. Here is the guide on how to install Norton antivirus. So, keep reading the whole content to the end and easily install the app on your device.
How To Install Norton Antivirus On Windows
Here is the procedure to download and install the Norton Antivirus on your Windows device.
- For the first step, open a web browser on your windows device and visit the my.Norton.com website.
- Then on the website, type your Norton email address and password to sign into your account.
- After that, go to the My Norton portal and click on the Download option. Then select the Agree and Download option on the Get Started page.
- In case you are downloading the software on your Windows 10/11 in S mode, choose “Get it from Microsoft” and follow the instructions to install it from the Microsoft store.
- When the download completes, you need to run the installer from your browser. Then press the Ctrl+J to open the Downloads window.
- Then go to your downloaded file and double-click on it.
- If you see the User Account Control window, choose the Continue option and go along the on-screen instructions.
- Lastly, the software will successfully be installed on your Windows device.
How To Install Norton Antivirus On Mac
Follow the below guide to install the Norton software on a Mac computer device.
- First, browse the my.Norton.com website and then log in to your account using the Norton email address and password.
- Afterward, click on the download option in the My Norton portal.
- Next, when you are on the Get Started page, select the option Agree and Download.
- In order to download the Norton product version 8.x or later, then the Mac device system requirement is Mac OS X 10.10.x or later.
- Before you try to install the software, it is best to read the product license agreement and then click on the Norton License Agreement option.
- After that, the software will be installed on your device.
How To Install Norton Antivirus On iOS
The steps to install Norton software on an iOS device are as follows
- First of all, on your smartphone, launch the Apple App Store app.
- After that, in the search section, search for the Norton 360 app.
- When you see the app icon, tap on the Get or Download icon.
- Once the download is complete, tap on the Open option.
- Now, read the License and Services Agreement and accept it.
- Afterward, tab on the sign-in option.
- Enter your Norton account email address and password, and then click on the Sign in option.
How To Install Norton Antivirus On Android
Follow the below guide to install Norton software on your Android device.
- Before you start the installation process of Norton antivirus software on your Windows device, make sure you are using the latest version of the Google Play store.
- After that, open the Google Play app on your Android phone/tablet.
- And then, search for the Norton app and tap on the Install option when you see the app in the results.
- When the installation is complete, tap on the Open option to launch the app.
- Now, after reading the License and Services Agreement, choose the accept option.
- Afterward, tap on the Sign-in option.
- After entering the Norton account email address and password, tap on the Sign-in option.
- If you want to provide complete protection, you need to give permission for App Security, Internet Security, and Wi-Fi Security features to use it. On the main screen of the app, tap on the Security option. And then, go to the top-right corner and tap the permission setup icon.
- Tap on the Get Started option in the Permission Setup screen. After that, follow the on-screen instructions to set up and give permission to the following settings. (Note- The instructions can differ based on your device, operating system, device’s manufacturer, etc.
- Turn on Norton 360 Service
- Allow Norton 360 to access your device location
- Allow Norton 360 to run in the background
- Turn on location settings
- Turn on Draw over other apps
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Do I Activate Norton Antivirus?
The steps to activate Norton software are as follows:
- First, open the Norton device security.
- Go to the main window of the Norton product and then click on Account Information and choose the Enter Product Key option.
- Now, you need to type the product key that you received from Norton.
- After that, click on the Next option and then follow the instructions on the screen to complete the activation.
How Much Is Norton Antivirus Per Year?
The cost of Norton antivirus comes in different price ranges. You need to pay $19.99 for the first year if you use it on one device. Plus, the price can go up to $99.48 for the first year when you use its services for five devices.
Does Norton Make Your Computer Slower?
Passmark, a leading tester of software products, has ranked Norton's software no.1 for providing excellent protection to software. As a result, you do not have to worry about your computer or smartphone devices getting slow when you are using the app.
Is Norton Owned By Google?
No, Norton is not owned by Google. The parent company of Norton is Gen Digital.